JOIN THE GFS TEAM
GFS Events provides growth and fundraising solutions to nonprofits. We are an award-winning special events and development consulting firm that provides fundraising and special event expertise to nonprofits across the country. Please see below for our current job openings.
Scroll to the bottom to upload a resume and cover letter
Assistant Fundraising and Event Producer
GFS is looking for a new team member to focus on special event assistance, document preparation, social media, and event strategy. Our dynamic team-based approach is designed to support a fast-paced work environment that requires attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to problem-solve on the go. The Assistant will provide administrative and event support for the GFS team and work with multiple clients. The duties of this role will evolve with the needs of current clients.
Applicant must be independent and self-motivated with experience or interest in event management. Superior writing, grammar, and editing skills are mandatory. GFS’s customized approach is tailored to each client so responsibilities will vary, usually including some combination of assisting Event Producers, planning, management and execution of special events and reaching established fundraising goals through corporate sponsorship, table captain management, auction item procurement, and other avenues.
Applicant must demonstrate a willingness to work in multiple locations, often at the offices of multiple clients and remotely. Excellent presentation, oral and written skills are required. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are necessary. Applicant must be comfortable learning internal donor databases as needed.
In addition to client-facing work described above, the Assistant will participate actively and regularly in GFS’s internal meetings and events.
- Assist in multiple events throughout the year including but not limited to: auctions, galas, benefit lunches, golf tournaments and/or Walks/Runs/Rides
- Assist in organizing committee meetings, helping to coordinate live and silent auctions, supervising/training volunteers, and varied delegated assignments that ensure the success of events
- Assist in preparing, monitoring and analyzing events documents including but not limited to; proposals, revenue and expense budgets, on boarding documents, and vendor quotes
- Assist with GFS Events’ social media presence across all platforms
- Assist as needed for each nonprofit event and help to manage volunteers during the events
- Communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people at all levels of an organization
- Take accurate and detailed notes during meetings
- Make calls and/or onsite visits to businesses and organizations to solicit sponsorships, table captains or procure items for events
- Coordinate and connect with venues, vendors and caterers
- Coordination/creation of marketing materials and office supplies
- Assist with general office organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years within the event industry
- Comfortable with learning new technology and platforms
- Commitment to nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and work as part of a fast-paced team
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and database management
- Ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to stay calm, patient and focused during busy events and while working with stressed clients
- A strong self-starter and team-oriented
- Able to communicate well via Zoom, conference calls and email
- Willing and able to travel periodically to meetings and events
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings (for events)
- Experience with donor-management software and/or working event software preferred
- Full time access to a reliable car with space to transport items if needed
- Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
environmental & working conditions
The majority of work will be conducted in an office setting; however, blocks of time will be away from the office at various off-site meetings and respective event locations in Seattle, Bellevue, or other client locations. Work requires the use of personal mobile computers and standard office equipment to prepare, send and retrieve files and other documents.
This is a full-time position with an average of 40 hours per week depending on the scale of events throughout the year. Days and hours of work may vary and/or change depending on business needs and weekend events. Weekend hours are required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May be required to sit or stand for periods of one to five hours at a time. Ability to perform complex mental functions and concurrently manage multiple deadlines and projects. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
PAY AND BENEFITS: This is a salaried position, commensurate with experience | Salary range of $42,000 – $55,000 | Ten PTO Days a Year | Eight paid holidays per year | Medical and Dental Benefits | 401K plan with match | Mileage reimbursement for any travel associated with clients | Friendly, fun, flexible team environment
This position will be open until filled.
Attach a photo or several photos from an event that you were involved in, along with a document that includes the following information:
- Event type
- Your role in the event
- The year the event took place
- An obstacle you overcame
- Your favorite part about the event
- Your least favorite part about the event
Registration and Event Support
- GFS Events is an award-winning special events and development consulting firm that provides fundraising and special event expertise to nonprofits across the country.
- We primarily produce auctions, galas, luncheons, golf tournaments and community events.
- We are looking for part-time and weekend event support for our events. Days and hours of work may vary and/or change depending upon business needs and weekend events. Will likely range from 5-20 hours a month in our busiest seasons which are Feb-June and September-November. Hours are generally between 4 p.m. -9 p.m. on event days.
- Provide software support for the registration/check-in/check-out desk at galas, luncheons and other special events.
- Manage registration for all attendees at the event.
- Onsite data entry.
- Other event tasks as needed such as assisting vendors, setting up auction items, and working with volunteers.
- Comfortable with learning new technology and platforms.
- Flexibility of hours.
- Weekend hours are required, locations can vary, average client is in the greater Seattle area.
- Familiarity of Greater Giving, Auctria, or similar fundraising platforms preferred but not required.
- Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- 1-2 years working as a registration/check-in/check-out support.
- Ability to solve technical problems on the go.
- Attention to detail and good with numbers
Pay and Benefits
- This is an hourly position.
- $30 an hour with a minimum of three hours per event.
- Mileage and parking reimbursement.
This position will be open until filled. We are looking to hire immediately.
How to apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team and what makes you stand out from the crowd to INFO@GFSEVENTS.ORG
Also, if you are really excited about the opportunity to join our team…
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram
Check out our Portfolio of Awesomeness