JOIN THE GFS TEAM
GFS Events provides growth and fundraising solutions to nonprofits. We are an award-winning special events and development consulting firm that provides fundraising and special event expertise to nonprofits across the country. Please see below for our current job openings.
Scroll to the bottom to upload a resume and cover letter
Special Events & Fundraising Producer
GFS Events provides growth and fundraising solutions to nonprofits. We are an award-winning special events and development consulting firm that provides fundraising and special event expertise to nonprofits across the country. GFS Events is looking for a dynamic and experienced person to assist with our fundraising events throughout the year. This is a full-time employment opportunity with an average of 40 hours per week, averaging more during event season. Events will be on weekdays and weekends.
- Lead multiple events throughout the year including but not limited to: auctions, galas, benefit lunches, golf tournaments and/or walks/runs.
- Lead committee meetings, coordinate live and silent auctions, supervise/train volunteers, and varied delegated assignments that ensure the success of events.
- Prepare, monitor and analyze event revenue and expense budgets.
- Serve as the project manager for each client, ensuring deliverables and deadlines are met. Lead as needed for each nonprofit event and help to manage volunteers during the events. Communicate and be the point person for all event committee members, including but not limited to: directors, board members, table captains, volunteers, and staff.
- Follow up with sponsors, table captains, and businesses throughout the event process
- Train clients and volunteers on tasks during an event.
- Communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people at all levels of an organization. Create graphics and displays for events.
- Coordinate venues, vendors and caterers for clients.
- Set up fundraising platforms.
- Connect with potential partners that could possibly benefit GFS Events, including attending meetings, phone calls and online seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years managing and leading successful events at non-profit or other events. Comfortable with learning new technology and platforms.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in fundraising, auction and event planning.
- Commitment to nonprofit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and work as part of a fast-paced team.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in Google Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and database management. Ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to stay calm, patient and focused during busy events and while working with stressed clients.
- A strong self-starter, entrepreneurial and team-oriented.
- Able to communicate well via Zoom, conference calls and email.
- Flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Able to manage complex projects including keeping track of many moving parts while maintaining attention to detail and keeping the big picture in mind.
- Willing and able to travel periodically to meetings and events.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings (for events). Experience with donor-management software and/or working event software preferred.
- Full time access to a reliable car with space to transport items if needed.
- Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
environmental & working conditions
PAY AND BENEFITS: This is salaried position, commensurate with experience | Salary range of $55,000 – $65,000 | Ten PTO Days a Year | Eight paid holidays per year | Medical and Dental Benefits | 401K plan with match | Mileage reimbursement for any travel associated with clients | Friendly, fun, flexible team environment
This position will be open until filled.
Registration and Event Support
- GFS Events is an award-winning special events and development consulting firm that provides fundraising and special event expertise to nonprofits across the country.
- We primarily produce auctions, galas, luncheons, golf tournaments and community events.
- We are looking for part-time and weekend event support for our events. Days and hours of work may vary and/or change depending upon business needs and weekend events. Will likely range from 5-20 hours a month in our busiest seasons which are Feb-June and September-November. Hours are generally between 4 p.m. -9 p.m. on event days.
- Provide software support for the registration/check-in/check-out desk at galas, luncheons and other special events.
- Manage registration for all attendees at the event.
- Onsite data entry.
- Other event tasks as needed such as assisting vendors, setting up auction items, and working with volunteers.
- Comfortable with learning new technology and platforms.
- Flexibility of hours.
- Weekend hours are required, locations can vary, average client is in the greater Seattle area.
- Familiarity of Greater Giving, Auctria, or similar fundraising platforms preferred but not required.
- Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Must have a reliable vehicle.
- 1-2 years working as a registration/check-in/check-out support.
- Ability to solve technical problems on the go.
- Attention to detail and good with numbers
Pay and Benefits
- This is an hourly position.
- $30 an hour with a minimum of three hours per event.
- Mileage and parking reimbursement.
This position will be open until filled. We are looking to hire immediately.
How to apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team and what makes you stand out from the crowd to INFO@GFSEVENTS.ORG
Also, if you are really excited about the opportunity to join our team…
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram
Check out our Portfolio of Awesomeness