Join the GFS Team
Scroll to the bottom to upload a resume and cover letter
FUNDRAISING AND EVENT ASSISTANT
about GFS Events
OUR TEAM IS SMALL AND WE HAVE FUN!
GFS is looking for a new team member to focus on special event assistance, document preparation, social media, and event strategy. Our dynamic team-based approach is designed to support a fast-paced work environment that requires attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to problem-solve on the go. The Assistant will provide administrative and event support for the GFS team and work with multiple clients. The duties of this role will evolve with the needs of current clients.
Applicant must be able to work independently and be self-motivated with experience or interest in event management and nonprofit development. Superior writing, grammar, and editing skills are mandatory. GFS’s customized approach is tailored to each client so responsibilities will vary, usually including some combination of planning, management and execution of special events and reaching established fundraising goals through corporate sponsorship, table captain management, auction item procurement, and other avenues.
Applicant must demonstrate a willingness to work in multiple locations, often at the offices of multiple clients and remotely. Excellent presentation, oral and written skills are required. Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is necessary. Applicant must be comfortable learning internal donor databases as needed. In addition to client-facing work described above, the Assistant will participate actively and regularly in GFS’s internal meetings and events.
- Lead multiple events throughout the year including but not limited to: auctions, galas, benefit lunches, golf tournaments and/or walks/runs.
- Organize committee meetings, helping to coordinate live and silent auctions, supervising/training volunteers, and varied delegated assignments that ensure the success of events.
- Prepare, monitor and analyze events revenue and expense budgets.
- Act as project manager for each client ensuring deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Assist as needed for each nonprofit event and help to manage volunteers during the events.
- Communicate and be the point person for all event committee members, including but not limited to: directors, board members, table captains, volunteers, and staff.
- Follow up with sponsors, table captains, businesses who donate towards auctions.
- Train clients and volunteers on tasks during an event.
- Communicate, both in writing and verbally, with people at all levels of an organization.
- Create graphics and displays for events.
- Coordinate venues, vendors and caterers for clients.
- Set up fundraising platforms.
- Connect with potential partners that could possibly benefit GFS Events, including attending meetings, phone calls and online seminars.
- Coordination/creation of marketing materials and office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years within the event industry
- Comfortable with learning new technology and platforms
- Commitment to nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and work as part of a fast-paced team
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and database management
- Ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to stay calm, patient and focused during busy events and while working with stressed clients
- Full-time access to a reliable car with space to transport items if needed.
- Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
environmental and working conditions
This is a full-time salaried position with an average of 40 hours per week depending on the scale of events throughout the year. Days and hours of work may vary and/or change depending upon business needs and weekend events. Weekend hours are required.
May be required to sit or stand for periods of one to five hours at a time. Ability to perform complex mental functions and concurrently manage multiple deadlines and projects. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
pay and benefits
This is salaried position, commensurate with experience
Salary Range: $42,000-$55,000
Ten PTO days per year
Eight paid holidays per year
Sick pay accrued in accordance with Washington State Dept of Labor requirements
Medical and Dental Benefits
401K plan with match
Mileage reimbursement for any travel associated with clients
Friendly, fun, flexible team environment
how to apply
To apply, please send a resume and a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements to email@example.com
This position will be open until filled. We are looking to hire immediately.
Attach a photo or several photos from an event that you were involved in, along with a document that includes the following information:
Venue (and/or online platform used)
Your role in the event
Year the event took place
An obstacle you overcame
Your favorite part about the event
Also, if you are really excited about the opportunity to join our team…
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Instagram
Check out our Portfolio of Awesomeness